To make Kuba cloth, raffia-palm leaves are dyed with natural substances (e.g. plants) and hand-woven to create squares of textured cloths which each have various meanings. Because of the natural materials and handmade process, each square varies in size, pattern and colour, making each cloth unique.
Our newly-launched online shop features several bag designs that incorporate Kuba. Above are a few of these bags, as well as other beautiful Kuba finds from elsewhere on the net.
- Star Anise Kuba Bag and Oalexia Kuba Clutch Bag
- Kuba Cloth pillows via Pinterest user, The Style Page, originally from Wisteria.com
- Ginger Kuba Bag and Ro-Jimmy Kuba Clutch Bag
- Kuba Cloth Runners: top and bottom
- Marzia Kuba Bag and Ro-Kanini Clutch Bag
- Kuba Cloth Bench from West Elm