Design Network Africa (DNA) is a 36-month programme, which aims to establish authentic interaction between 28 outstanding design companies throughout the African continent, who produce beautiful, contemporary work. The programme’s aims address a lot of what Adele recently reflected on with regards to the Kenyan fashion industry in particular:
- “Good Business through Good Design”
- Job creation.
- Increase in product ranges, sales and global visibility of member companies.
- To actively assist with resolving specific problems faced by each member company.
- Origination of a sustainable network between design companies throughout the African continent.
- Encouraging mentorship, association and collaboration between the members.
Honoured to be one of the chosen design companies, Adele and Carol travelled to the kick-off workshop and exhibition from 25-27 September. They took several photos, more of which you can view on our Facebook page. The four-day affair consisted of visits to the Arts on Main galleries, Joburg Art Fair, Braamfontein Fringe Fair, galleries and design stores; DNA member presentations and sessions on design, branding and business; a grand gala to launch the Southern Guild Design Foundation and; of course, the DNA exhibition itself. Find out who our fantastic fellow members are.